Making your bathroom pet safe sounds like overkill. But if you’ve ever had a puppy or cat in the bathroom overnight and they have chewed through the supply line on the toilet,this will save you a lot of money as oposed to paying an extreme water bill.
Yes, it can happen, and has happened to me. Besides the mess of a flooded bathroom and having to replaced the vinyl tile that came up, the bill from the water department was slightly more than $180 more than normal. And if I had thought about it, it only takes a few moments to make the bathroom pet safe.
- Turn the supply line valve off to the toilet so if it does get chewed, you don’t have an extreme bill.
- For puppies especially, that soft, pliable line is a perfect size for a puppy to chew. Wrap the line in a towel so he doesn’t find it.
- Close the lid on the toilet so it doesn’t create a problem if your puppy exploring.
- Make sure the tub doesn’t have any water in and is drained.
- Make sure that the shampoo and medicines are off the floor so your puppy doesn’t accidently poison himself.
The bathroom is a small room that often is perfect to house a puppy/cat at night with his water and food dish. It just takes a thoughtful moment to insure his safety.